Some experience recommended, but not essential.
Length: 6 days
Due to popular demand, we are now offering a Bridal Hair Course. Our team of expert instructors at The Session School have selected the lessons that are most related to Bridal clients, and have come up with an intensive course just for you.
Maybe you are a makeup artist who wants to be more competitive by adding hair styling to your list of services. Maybe you are a salon stylist who wants to learn the proper techniques for creating styles that will last, or are looking for inspiration. Whatever your reasons, the Bridal Hair Course will give you a fresh spark.
Bridal Hair Course is suitable for beginners, but we recommend some experience handling hair styling equipment.
Upon completion of the Bridal Hair Course, you will be fully qualified to:
- Work with private clients
- Provide bridal hair styling
- Assist professional hair stylists
- Begin a career in the bridal hair styling industry
The Bridal Hair Course includes:
- 5 days of expert training in small groups
- A full day photographic shoot with a professional photographer and models
- Digital images for use in your portfolio
- Use of all products, tools, and equipment at The Session School for the duration of the course.
You are required to bring a professional hair kit. If you would like to purchase a kit we are happy to procure one for you for a fee (greatly discounted from retail value).
Bridal Hair Course syllabus:
All courses run from 10am to 6pm with an hour for lunch.
Introduction & Blow-dry
- Health and safety, hygiene and sterilisation of equipment
- Selecting and using the correct tools
- Products for desired results
- Handling wet hair and sectioning
- Maximum smoothness with round brush
- Changing the texture of hair (root lifts, simple flicks, etc.)
- Velcro Set
- Dressing hair
- Importance of client consultations
- Backcombing / creating structure and form
- Smooth ponytail / buns
- Quiffs / messy ponytail / modern buns
- Using supports to create shape (bun rings, sausages, etc.)
- Styling, dressing and finishing techniques (and products)
- Creating curl in the hair / pin set